Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Date Reminders
- June 10: Last Day of School/Two-Hour Early Release. Students will be released at 2:05 PM. Our offices will close at 2:30 PM to allow for a staff gathering. Summer office hours will be 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- June 30: Deadline to pre-order school supply kits via the SEES PTA for next year. Details below.
- July 22: School Tours for New Students, 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM; Popsicles on the Playground, 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM.
- August 5: School Tours for New Students, 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM; Popsicles on the Playground, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM.
- August 18: SEES Open House (details coming soon).
- August 22: First day of the 2022-2023 school year. School hours at SEES next year will be 9:20 AM to 4:05 PM.
Dear SEES families,
As this school year comes to an end, I would like to thank all of our students, families and staff for an amazing year. It has been a delight watching all our students return to in-person learning, form new friendships, and grow in confidence and knowledge. Our motto at SEES is 'Together We Soar' and that has certainly been true this year!
Be sure to encourage your children to read while they're on break. Have a wonderful summer!
Students will have access to Imagine Language & Literacy, Imagine Reading, and Pioneer Valley Literacy Footprints throughout the summer, with some scheduled outages related to Clever (to be announced). Access to Literacy Footprints will be available through August 15, 2022. Access to both Imagine Learning products will be available through August 31, 2022.End of Year Assessment Results
End of Year Assessment Results for Standards of Learning Assessments (SOL), WIDA (assessments for English Language Proficiency growth), and iReady Screeners for reading and math will be available for parents in SIS ParentVUE in mid-July. Any families without ParentVUE will have these scores mailed to them from the school.
Kindergarten Readiness Program assessments VKRP results and SEL screener results will be mailed to families in July. Virginia Alternative Assessment Program (VAAP) results will be mailed directly to families in mid-August.From Our Family Liaison
Summer Learning Path: This is an award-winning online PreK learning program that’s free for children to use the summer before kindergarten. Check it out at this link.
Free and Reduced Meals: The extension of the no-cost meals to all students is expected to expire at the end of this school year. Families must submit an application and be approved to be eligible for free and reduced price meals for the 2022-23 school year. The online Free and Reduced Meals application will be available later this summer and accessible via the FCPS homepage.From the SEES PTA
PTA Board 2022-2023: Elections were held this week for next year’s board. The SEES PTA officers for 2022-2023 will be: Ashely Doss – President, William Samuel - Vice-President, - Mike Buckner - Treasurer, and Megan Brooks – Secretary. We are looking forward to another great year filled with PTA-sponsored activities! As the PTA transitions to the new board, please feel free to contact Megan in the office at SEES ([email protected]) over the summer with any questions, ideas or suggestions!
School Supply Kits: SEES school supply lists for next year have been posted on the school website. Families can use these lists to purchase supplies on their own or order boxed supply kits online via the SEES PTA.
To order online:
You can order securely online now through June 30 and kits will be delivered directly to your home on or before August 12.
- Go to educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter our school ID, SPR083 (3 letters/3 numbers)
- Follow the directions to complete your order
- Keep your online confirmation as your receipt. Tax will be charged at checkout.
Please note that the supply kits are the same for all program in each grade, except for 3rd Grade which as a separate list for AAP classes. For questions, please contact Tanya House at [email protected].